Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Crocheted Dallas Cowboy's Star Blanket

We're from Texas so of course the males in the family are in love with the Dallas Cowboys. Last year I saw a star blanket that was done in Cowboy colors and just loved it! I couldn't find a pattern so just looked around at other schemes till I found one I liked. I've made it my mission to make one for every guy in the family. So far I've made 3 and working on my 4th. A few people have asked how I did it so here's how I made it.

I didn't make the star pattern I use a basic one. Here's a link to my favorite. Beth's Little Star Afghan I  used a J hook and follow directions to make the basic star but use this color pattern. 

Navy blue for 1st 10 rows
*1 row of White
1 row of Navy Blue
1 row of White
3 rows of Heather Grey
3 rows of Navy blue
Repeat from * till desire length. 

It's that simple and the guys love it!

Want to buy the finished product??? Check out my Etsy shop at Celestially Crocheted Etsy

In Progress


Still working on it!


 Finished product!!! 



14 comments:

  1. I remember the Cowboy's cheerleaders poster my brother had on his wall back in the 70's when we were kids (Roger Staubuck was QB at that time I think, tells you how long ago it was). He has to have one for his birthday for sure. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many skeins of yarn does this take?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just starting out my first round of 3 rows of navy blue and my star is bunching in the middle. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, this is my second time trying it. Please help lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to tell you how beautiful I think this afghan is and thank you so very much for sharing because my niece is having a boy and she's a huge Cowboys fan. She had asked for cowboys colors in her afghan that I am making so I decided to go a step further and make it to look like a Cowboys star! I am on the 7th row and can't be happier with the way it is turning out. Thank you so very much! And you have a beautiful family, God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting ready to re-create your Dallas Cowboy blanket for my niece and her husband. I'm curious, what size across was yours and how much yarn did it take? per color? (I don't keep navy on hand so am having to order and want to be sure I get enough)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The link to the star pattern has been deleted. Would you please send me the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  7. The star pattern you suggested has been deleted.
    Please send me the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My e-mail is elisawashburn63@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The link of the star pattern says it's been permanently deleted, could you please email it to me. I will be so enthusiastically grateful. I had intended to crochet a blanket for a friend using Dallas's colors since he's a diehard fan, until I just ran across your gorgeous pattern!! Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pattern please hightwr78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please send pattern to imyownboz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete