Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My girls are growing up and leaving me... Literally!!!

Every other year the high school band takes the kids on a trip. This year they are going to Florida so of course Julia and Jori wanted to go. Thankfully their father paid for one and I paid for the other so the sticker shock of sending two wasn't so bad. All I've heard about for weeks is Florida and finally the day arrived for them to leave. I went up to the school at 11 to see them off. Jori and Payton were already attached at the hip and all grins.

Matt of course found his way up to the school to see Julia off.
The school stuffed the kiddos with pizza before the ride since they won't be stopping to eat until 6pm.
The band is so big it took three very large charter buses to fit them all. Jori and Payton are on one and Julia a totally different one with her friends.
Finally after pizzas and a few moms (not me) crying and having to be pried off their children it was time to load up. The kiddos looked like pack mules. LOL They had carry on their pillows, snacks, and clothes for their outings tomorrow on the bus.
Took a little bit for them to get settled but Matt (Julia's boyfriend) and I waited until the last bus pulled off.


I have to admit that's when I got sad and wanted to cry. Then when I got home the panic of a mother of a handicap child set in with the realization that she will be gone for 5 whole days without me! I keep reassuring myself that both her sister and Payton are with her so she'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment